Cleaning is an essential first step in achieving effective infection control. Since contaminants are the primary nutrient source for bacteria, if not eliminated during the cleaning process they will remain after the sterilization process, allowing bacteria to grow. Although sterilization destroys bacteria and viruses, no amount of sterilization can prevent bacteria from growing if residual contamination remains. Blue Ribbon is the solution to meet the critical cleaning requirements for the effective infection control.
- Chosen by the Leading Dental Research Institution This renowned institution's purpose is: "To identify the outstanding products, techniques, and equipment for delivery of oral care through laboratory and clinical research."
- Chosen for publication as a Noteworthy Product in their well-known newsletter, based on exceptional results from field tests performed by 24 dental offices, controlled clinical tests and basic science tests.
- The ONLY ultrasonic cleaning solution to receive a favorable evaluation, in their 18-year history! *See January, 1994 Newsletter (Volume 18 - Issue 1) or contact Modern Chemical, Inc. for more information.
A Superior Value
Because Blue Ribbon is more concentrated than most ultrasonic cleaning solutions (1:20 instead of the more common 1:10) it costs much less to use. Blue Ribbon's outstanding value becomes obvious when the cost per use gallon is compared.
|L & R Ultrasonic||$22.50/Gal||1:10||11 Gallons||$2.04|
|Patterson Centra||$21.95/Gal||1:10||11 Gallons||$1.99|
|Schein-Ultrasonic L||$14.25/Gal||1:10||11 Gallons||$1.30|
|Blue Ribbon||$21.95/Gal||1:20||21 Gallons||$1.04|
- Meets safety requirements of OSHA: non-toxic, non-hazardous, non-flammable, and does not require any special handling or ventilation.
- Meets safety requirements of the EPA: biodegradable (99.3% phosphate-free) non-polluting does not require special disposal. Does not contain any chemical listed in the EPA's 40 CFR 261.
- Proven non-toxic in standard safety lab tests for Inhalation, Ingestion and Dermal Exposure*
A Superior Solution!
- Premium quality, highly concentrated blue liquid, which has a slight peppermint scent and is pleasant to use.
- Surfactant cleaning action penetrates, lifts off, and disperses contaminants, which reduce the opportunity for contaminants to be redeposited on instrument surfaces. Because these substances are not dissolved into the solution, the solution retains its cleaning potency and is not weakened as the contamination in the tank increases.
- Non-corrosive and is safe and effective on all metals, plastics, glass and other hard surfaces. Blue Ribbon's non-corrosive nature makes it ideal for presoaking and for cleaning sensitive instruments, such as burs and handpieces.
- Versatile: removes temporary cements, films and other stubborn contamination and is effective for general office cleaning.
- Free-rinsing, leaving no residue and reduced spotting on mirrors and glass.
- Contains an effective rust-inhibitor which protects instruments for up to two weeks.
- Has an indefinite shelf life in both concentrated and diluted forms, and is not effected by variances in temperature.
|pH (5% Solution):||12.1|
|pH (1% Solution):||11.1|
|Hard Water Performance:||2/50 (500 ppm CaC03)|
|Flash Point:||>212F ASTM D56-70|
|Cloud Point:||Above 140°F|
|Stability:||40°F Stable / 140°F Stable|
|Freeze-Thaw:||Reversible on stirring|
|Density:||8.9 lbs. / Gal at 70F|
|Wetting Time (4% Solution):||10.6 Seconds|
|Wetting Time (1% Solution):||65 Seconds|
|Surface Tension (4% Solution):||35.0 dynes / cm|
|Surface Tension (1% Solution):||45.6 dynes / cm|
|Total Alkalinity as NA20:||1.91%|
|Total Phosphates as P:||0.7% (0.035%-5% Sol.)|
|Total Carbonates / Bicarbonates as C02:||None|
|Total Sulfates as S04:||None|
|Total Borates as B203:||None|
|Chromates / Bichromates:||None|
Blue Ribbon is composed of:
Non-ionic surfactants, anionic surfactants, inorganic builders (limited to 0.76% Phosphorus as P), synthetic detergents, and a glycol ether solvent (0.45%, in a 5% solution). All chemical ingredients appear on the list prepared by the administrator of the EPA (TSC Act PL94-469)
Blue Ribbon does not contain:
Metal or metal compounds, halogenated hydrocarbons, chlorinated hydrocarbons, aromatic carbon compounds, amines, nitrates, or any chemicals listed in the EPA's 40CFR 261
*Test copies are available on request.
To order Blue Ribbon Ultrasonic Cleaning Concentrate Call 1-800-597-BLUE, or contact us.
Blue Ribbon Concentrate is priced at $21.95 per gallon, and may be purchased in 1, 2 or 4 gallon quantities. When you place an order of 4 gallons (1 case), you will receive a 10% discount. Thank you for choosing Blue Ribbon!